The plot is this: "Nanobites" can do pretty much anything. An evil arms dealer, thanks to his deformed, monocle-wearing mad scientist sidekick, has figured out how to turn "nanobites" into A) missiles that devour metal, B) a serum that turns men into virtual immortals, and C) a handy McGuffin for all the armor-plated characters to fight over. And what a crazy crew it is! I suppose that's what happens when your movie is spawned from a line of action figures, but this movie has mega-ninjas, robotic sharks, inviso-cloaks, machine gun bracelets, and more than enough he-men / wonder-women to play with all these toys. And for the most part, there's a good deal of loud, eye-tickling fun to be had. (The movie's goal is to be viewed when "bad guys vs. good guys, loudly" is all that your brain is craving.)
The eclectic ensemble is, of course, a mixed bag, but standouts include a wonderfully oily Christopher Eccleston as Head Baddie, Rachel Nichols as Heroic Hottie, Said Thagmoui as Computer Expert, and Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje as All-Purpose Authoritative Ass-Kicker. Matter of fact, The Rise of Cobra just might be the United Nations of mindless action flicks. The obvious Americanism of the Joe franchise has branched out to include about a dozen different creeds, cultures, nationalities, and persuasions. I approve. At the very least, it's a pre-teen-friendly rendition of the unapologetically stylish mayhem generally found in much "harsher" action flicks.
I'm loving G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra! It's based on the famous G.I. Joe toy franchise and stars Channing Tatum and Sienna Miller. It features the rise of the Cobra Organization and focuses on Duke and Ripcord and the elite G.I. Joe team. Can't wait to watch the G.I. Joe action with Duke Hauser, The Baroness, General Hawk, Cobra Commander, and Destro unfold on the big screen! I found this movie and was able to download it and watch on my big screen tv...
I'm loving G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra! It's based on the famous G.I. Joe toy franchise and stars Channing Tatum and Sienna Miller. It features the rise of the Cobra Organization and focuses on Duke and Ripcord and the elite G.I. Joe team. Can't wait to watch the G.I. Joe action with Duke Hauser, The Baroness, General Hawk, Cobra Commander, and Destro unfold on the big screen!
ReplyDeleteI found this movie and was able to download it and watch on my big screen tv...